Friday, June 18, 2010

Sand Shaker Birthday Card

Yet another card for the Hero Arts Summer challenge. I made this card for my son who turns six next month. Can you tell I'm having fun with my Silhouette and Hero Arts stamps together? I used Hero Arts layering papers and Hero Arts Silhouette shapes (ungrouping the shapes so I could just use the outlines) for inside the shaker.










HA:
Special Day Words
Clouds
Be Happy
Celebrate All Day
Layering Paper: Poppy, Cerulean, Punch

Silhouette shapes:
www.qksilhouette.com/sd/viewShape.aspx?id=10441
www.qksilhouette.com/sd/viewShape.aspx?id=10601
www.qksilhouette.com/sd/viewShape.aspx?id=10438
www.qksilhouette.com/sd/viewShape.aspx?id=10440
www.qksilhouette.com/sd/viewShape.aspx?id=10437
www.qksilhouette.com/sd/viewShape.aspx?id=9440

23 comments:

sideoats + scribbles said...

That's awesome! He will love it :)

Nancy said...

Amazing....what a FUN creative idea!
bless you,
nancy

Kathy (krolski) said...

Great card Sarah! Your son will love this! Love the sand!

Lucy Abrams said...

Such a clever card. Genius.

Barbara said...

This is the most adorable card ever Sarah! I love this!!!!!
:-) Barbara

donna mikasa said...

Oh my...this is awesome!! Your son will love it!!

Lin said...

What a fantastic card! You really are getting so much out of your silhouette!!

Alice Wertz said...

amazing shaker card idea!! love it!

ivy said...

fun!

Barb said...

Wonderful card, Sarah! Love this creative idea! :)

AnitaRex said...

Oh Sarah such an amazing card! I love the sand! So clever! And so summery!

Heather Maria said...

Wow Sarah, what a wonderful card! That shaker is brilliant with the real sand and all the shapes. There you go making me want a Silhouette again!! I'm sure your son will be absolutely delighted with his card!

Jill said...

This has to be the cutest shaker I have ever seen!!! SO cool!

Angela said...

Know what I love most about this card? The fact that your six year old will think it is the coolest card ever!! What a great idea, Sarah! And I love the bright colours and the sun & sand. It really is such a summery card...makes me want to go to the beach today :) Thanks for sharing another great card loaded with inspiration!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my! This is absolutely GENIUS!!!!
TFS!!

Suzanne C said...

This is brilliant! Love the sand in the shaker and the bits and pieces mixed in.

Lysa said...

This is awesome! Love that you added little sand toys in the shaker too!

Tiffany said...

Darling! I love all the fun elements that are sitting on top of the sand...looks like a real beach scenery!

Vanessa said...

Love this clever card, Sarah!! So fun - I love the little shapes in the sand! Fabulous card!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! So Dang CUTE Sarah....

Ashley M said...

This is such a fun idea Sarah! Love it! Your kids are growing up SO fast!!!

Deirdre said...

Sarah, so fun. Great idea and wonderful card. Happy birthday to you son.

Mariana Grigsby said...

What a cute card! I absolutely love your idea!!! :) :) :)