Sunday, July 11, 2010

Travel Cup

I bought my hubby a new Starbucks Travel Cup as part of his Father's Day present (one of the ones where you can insert your own pictures) and wanted his input as what pictures of the kids he wanted me to include. Right away he said he wanted pics of them flying with him (he has his private pilot's license). I thought that was a great idea and then the cup just sat there until Hero Arts announced their July contest theme: travel, food, and bookmaking. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to hit 2 out of 3 and get the cup done too. :)


Tip: I was having a really hard time inserting the finished page into the travel cup with all the cut outs and pics. I ended up putting the insert that came with it over my design to insert it and removed the insert after. That worked really well for me. :)


Hero Arts:
Cling Dots
Be Happy
Precious Baby Boy

Hero Arts for the Silhouette:
Clouds -  www.qksilhouette.com/sd/viewShape.aspx?id=6941
Airplane - www.qksilhouette.com/sd/viewShape.aspx?id=6941

25 comments:

donna mikasa said...

This is GENIUS, Sarah! Now your hubby will have the kiddos with him all the time! Love, love, love this!

Lin said...

What a special project, Sarah!! LOVE it!

Suzanne C said...

This is fantastic! Not only are the pictures adorable the layout is gorgeous!! Love this! I am sure he does too!

Kelly Rasmussen said...

this is adorable! i'm sure your hubby loves it! :)

Nancy said...

How fabulous is this?!! What a wonderful design with the adorable photos of your kids...I'm sure your hubby will treasure it. I just love it!
bless you,
nancy

Virginia L. said...

UBER cute and smart!!! LOVE this unique and creative cup. Yup, Steve is uber lucky :)

AnitaRex said...

Sarah this is just amazing! I LOVE THIS! WOW I have been meaning to make a mug too but have yet to do so! Love what you have done! So creative and manly too! I so hope you do come to Scrapfest, I want to meet you! :>

Heather Maria said...

Sarah, this is absolutely adorable! The photos are so cute go perfectly with the whole scene. Fantastic details. I'm sure your hubby loves it!

Deb said...

Wonderful fun!

Vicky said...

I've left you a comment at flickr but I had to come and leave one here as well! I love this project Sarah! So inspiring, I think I have to do something like it for my cup. You have a very happy dad in your house :)

Ayana Posadas said...

This is such a cute project!!! :)

Sue McRae said...

Such a fun idea Sarah!

Jill said...

This is so cute! Love the colors!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

What a special gift for your hubby! The photos are so cute!

Barb said...

Fabulous project, Sarah! Just love the adorable pictures of your kids! Such a special gift for your hubby! Love it!

Tiffany said...

What a super colorful project, and functional too! I'm sure DH will just adore this! Love the horizontal row of photos!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! this is absolutely fabulous, Sarah!!! super idea!! love love love this!!! =)

Marnie - Queen of the Marniverse said...

Super idea. He must love that cup.

Krista Ritskes said...

Totally cute, Sarah. Thanks for sending me your link. I had no idea you had a blog!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is precious, Sarah!! What a brilliant idea, LOVE it!!

Libby Hickson said...

This is adorable - what a great idea!

Kelly Booth said...

Your rockin Sarah!! LOVE this Fabulous cup!! Too Cute and Special too....

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

The BEST!

Kathy said...

Sarah you are a genius! I love your design and colors! Looks like a winner to me! Hugs, Kathy

carole-ish said...

oh my gosh, sarah!!
how sweet!!