Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Cheering You On

Hi everyone,

I hope you had a wonderful Easter! My hubby had to work all weekend and so the kids and I went to my parents place...where I promptly came down with a nasty stomach bug. Boo. I seem to be on the mend now but am taking things slowly this week. Anyways, last week I had some time to make some cards and so I'm back today to share one of them. :)

I've had the MFT Stitchable Dot Circle Stax sitting on my desk for a bit now and these gorgeous discontinued BasicGrey brads sitting in my stash for a lot longer, lol. I thought I'd see if I could pair them together along with some fun Simon Says Stamp goodies. I used Simon's Hand Lettered Encouragement Stamp Set, Stitched Circles Dies, and Diagonal Stripe Stencil. I'm happy with the results! 


Using Simon's Diagonal Stripe Stencil and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, I created my card front. I then placed one of Simon's Stitched Circle Dies along with one of MFT's Stitchable Dot Circle Stax Dies on my Big Shot cutting plate over Neenah White Cardstock (my Sizzix Magnetic Platform held them place) and ran it through my Big Shot. I stamped my sentiment from Simon's fabulous Hand Lettered Encouragement Stamp Set. I then added the decorative brads to some of the holes to create my patterned rainbow. Finally, I adhered a piece of fun foam to the back of the panel and then to the card to add some dimension.

Supplies (the brads I used are discontinued but I've linked to others that are similar):



Thanks for stopping by!
Sarah

5 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I absolutely adore this idea, and may just steal it to use up some of my hoard of Basic Grey brads! :)

Jen W. said...

This rocks! What a brilliant way to use up some brads!!

Cindy C. said...

It's wonderful!! Great way to use those beautiful brads!!

ionabunny said...

Love how you used the brads. Great idea. Hugz

byAnnette said...

Fabulous!
Love the tiny holes in between the mini brads!