Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Simon Says Stamp: Emboss It! Challenge

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all having a great week! I'm back today to share a card for this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge.

This week's challenge is to Emboss It! Either heat or dry embossing will fit the bill. :) The design team is showcasing projects using Stampendous products.

Here's my card using Stampendous Jelly Bean glitter:



You may be scratching your head as to how this fits the embossing theme. Well, Julie Ebersole posted a video on the last Online Card Class called Stretch Your Stamps where she used Sticky Stuff embossing powder by Judikins to heat emboss glitter onto her stamped image. I knew right away I wanted to give this a try too.

Here's how it works: Stamp your image with a good watermark ink and cover with the sticky embossing powder as you would any embossing powder. Heat it with your heat gun just enough to make the powder melt. (Over heating will harden or dry out the stickiness). Cover with glitter, gently pressing it onto the surface. Shake off the excess. Fun, eh?

Here are the products I used:


As always, the very generous Heidi of Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher to one lucky participant in this week's challenge so I hope you'll play along...but first head over to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog to see what the other designers have created! :)


15 comments:

Krista Ritskes said...

Totally cute and what a great technique!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Sarah :-) I love the glitter embossing !! what a great technique !! love the colours and design ,,, very pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jingle said...

Very cute card! Love the glitter!

Lisa Carroll said...

SO so cute, Sarah! I can only imagine the sparkle this has in real life.. WOWZA! :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Pretty design, Sarah! I really like the bright glittery colors! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lin said...

So fun, Sarah! Love especially that little tab and button!

Melissa Shea said...

I love when you color block, it's so fun! And I love the glitter, cool trick too. I'm a hot mess with that stuff!

Rica said...

Hi Sarah, your design is fabulous with the fabulous glittering and perfect for your accents.

hugs
Heather xx

Angela said...

Silas has a birthday party tomorrow so I hopped over here for a little card inspiration and, lo and behold, a perfect idea for a 6 year old boy's card! Simple but graphic layout, primary colours and kraft, and boy-friendly bling. I love it!! Now, to find the time to make it... :P I don't know how you do it - you really are an inspiration! Thanks, Sarah!

Cindy C. said...

How fun and cute!

debby4000 said...

Love your sparkly card Sarah.
luv
Debby

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Such a FUN card Sarah!! Love the fabulous design and the amazing colors!!

hugs...

Ellen said...

Awesome glittered color blocking!

CanDoMom said...

Beautiful card! Great design!

Kim Eskola said...

Mighty awesome card! Love this design and the perfectly placed and coordinated embellishments! Gorgeous!