Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit: Hang in There Card

Hi everyone!

I'm back today with my second card using the Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit: Style of Love.

 *Simon Says Stamp Card Kit of the Month FEBRUARY 2013 STYLE OF LOVE

Let's get right to it! Here's my card:


I used the wonderful modern flower in the stamp set and paper pieced it, using foam adhesive between the layers. To create the leaves I inked up one of the subtle patterned papers and die cut it twice with one of the Simon Says Stamp Large Hearts dies. I then used a black marker to define the edges and tucked them behind the flower so the pointy parts stuck out. I try and challenge myself with these kits to not use anything that's not included in the kit other than inks and other tools. All the stamps, papers, and embellishments are included in the kit. I think it forces me to try and be more creative (as with the leaves) and also gives you all a better idea of what you can do with just the kit and a few tools. :) I think the rest of the card is self-explanatory but feel free to send me an email if you have any questions.

Supplies:



I hope you'll join me tomorrow for this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge and again Thursday and Friday to see what else I've created with February's Card Kit. Remember to comment on my Card Kit posts because sweet Heidi has generously given me a February Card Kit to give away!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sarah

31 comments:

Margie said...

Beautiful card! Love this!

Chitra Nair said...

Love the pink color..such a gorgeous card..

Marlies said...

Wow, it is a very cute card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colours. I do love pink!

Julie R.

Lucy Abrams said...

So pretty Sarah. xxx

Jingle said...

This is so pretty!

Lin M. said...

This is a great card - I like how you added the flower to the doily and created the layers.

diana said...

Lovely card! Thanks for the leaf technique. I would never have thought to use a heart die. ;-)

Pat said...

What a lovely card--and I love the doily! :)

Sandi said...

Oh my how sweet your card looks!!! I'm loving the February kit! I ordered some more items to extend the kit Sunday. Again, great card! I might be making a few like this when my order comes with more product? Thanks for sharing:)

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful! I love it!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! I love doilies and it's the perfect backdrop for that great pieced flower!

Anonymous said...

Really pretty card!

Kristen said...

So pretty! I love the colors you used.

Kristen said...

So pretty! I love the colors you used.

Kelly Booth said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS Card Sarah!! I wish I were good with PP but I am not.... Love this! xoxoxo

Cindy C. said...

SWEET!! Love the colours and the layered flower!

Unknown said...

Very pretty!!! I just love all the colors in this kit!!

croppergal said...

Very sweet card, Sarah! I love the pinks and your use of the doily!
Great job!

cassie said...

What a beautiful card! I love the flower backed with the doily - so pretty.

Memories by Manda said...

Another lovely card. I love the three little buttons and doily. The effect you created in the flower is cool too.

Karenladd said...

LOVE the doily against the pink cardstock! Such a pretty little card!

Kailash said...

Beautiful, love the pink and the doily, so pretty!!!

lynda said...

I like what you did with that flower stamp! It adds a lot more interest!

jengd said...

Lovely card- great variety of elements.

Jennifer said...

Love this card. A lot. Hope you don't mind if I CASE you? I will be sure to link yours to show it off.

mtscrapgal said...

I like combining the striped paper with a doily. Vry pretty. Thanks

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors! All the elements in this kit are fabulous!
DeniseB

Lucy Newton said...

Such a sweet and elegant card Sarah!!!

Kathy Mc said...

Your doily background really emphasizes your focal point. This month's card kit is fabulous ~ as are your creations, Sarah!

Jim said...

Amazing ! This is cool!