Friday, September 25, 2015

Watercolor Hello and Simon Says Stamp October Card Kit Winner

Hi everyone!

I'm back today to announce the winner of the Simon Says Stamp October Card Kit and share a card made using some goodies from Simon's STAMPtember release.



First, the winner of the Simon Says Stamp October 2015 Card Kit: Here's Looking at You is:

Blogger SHartl who said...
What a simple but beautiful card! I just love that gleaming gold die cut word on the sweet birdie journal card!

September 18, 2015 at 4:48 PM
 Delete

Congrats! Please email me via the email button on my side bar with your mailing info so I can pass it on to Simon Says Stamp!

Now on to today's card which was inspired by Day 1 of Online Card Classes Watercolor for Card Makers: Exploring Mediums... I noticed after I made it just how similar it looks to the class header. :)


For this card, I took a piece of Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock and scribbled a rainbow of colour on it with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers before giving it a quick spritz of water using a Ranger Mini Mister. I was amazed by how quickly the colour spread and how vibrant the colour remained. Once dry, I adhered two layers of my hello sentiment die cut using Simon Says Stamp's Alphabet Blocks Dies. I then trimmed and matted my panel with Simon's Black Cardstock before adhering it to a Neenah Desert Storm Card that was stamped with Simon's Tiny Alphabet Background Stamp. Finally, I embellished the card with some sequins from Lucy Abram's gorgeous Shaker Selections.

Supplies:


6 comments:

Birgit said...

Wonderful watercolors here!! It's a cheerful card for sure! Congrats to the winner too!!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful watercolours background, perfect for the letter tiles!!

Congrats to the card kit winner!!

ionabunny said...

Congrats to Shartl. Love the bright colours and those fun alpha dies. Hugz

Pia Larsen said...

Awesome rainbow look and I totally love the letters! Great to see what you have created for OCC :o)

Rubeena I. said...

what a cool card!

byAnnette said...

Great Card!
Really like the look of the letters being at the edge!