Friday, July 22, 2011

Lily Pad Cards: Lucy's Lovely Lines (July) challenge

Hi everyone,

I'm back today to share a card I made for Lily Pad Cards: Lucy's Lovely Lines (July) challenge. Our sponsor this month is The Craft's Meow. They generously sent the design team members each a stamp set to work with and this is the one I received in the mail:


How fun are those banners?!?! LOVE the font too! :)

Here's Lucy's sketch for this month's challenge:

and here's my card:


I had planned on using the banners as, well, banners... but when I had the banners upside-down I thought they looked like a row of houses and decided to make a 'New Home' card. After that the card came together very quickly. I decided to go with a clean and simple look. I stamped the first banners image, being sure to have the 3rd banner centered on my card. I then re-inked one banner and the accompanying line in order to stamp the 5th banner on my card. With this being a clear set that was SO easy to do. I then used Memento markers to color the patterns from the second banner in the set and stamped it on a scrap of white cardstock. I used a small circle punch to punch out circles from these banners and adhered them inside the empty circles on the card. I punched out a small heart from cardstock and adhered it in the 4th 'house' using foam dots. Finally, I added a sentiment from Hero Arts.

Please check out what the other designers made for the challenge at Lily Pad Cards where you'll also find out the details for the challenge. I hope you'll play along with us!

7 comments:

Lin said...

A lovely, well thought out design, Sarah! That little heart is perfect!

~amy~ said...

Your card is so sweet...lovely work!

Barb said...

You are so creative, Sarah! Just love what you've done with the banners!

Nancy said...

I love everything about this card, Sarah! The black and white with pops of color is so appealing, and how brilliant are you to use the banners upside down. You never fail to impress me with your wonderful creativity!

Sheila Hnilicka said...

Sarah, I just adore this card! It just screams "clean and simple" with a great color scheme....you really ROCKED this sketch!

Judy1223 said...

Sarah, this is a wonderfully clean and simple card...love it!

Krista Ritskes said...

Love this card, Sarah.