Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Simon Says Stamp Kristina's Inspiration Challenge


Hi everyone,

Can you believe it's August already?!?! Wow! Time flys! I'm back today to share a card for this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge!



This week's challenge is an Inspiration challenge and our inspiration comes from our Guest Designer this month, the one and only Kristina Werner. The design team is using Basic Grey products for this challenge.


Here's my card:



I heat embossed both Basic Grey/Hero Arts background stamps and colored them in with alcohol inks. I didn't have a grey one so I painted in the grey areas with Pumice Stone Distress Stain.
Here are the products I used:



As always, the very generous Heidi of Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher to one lucky participant in this week's challenge so I hope you'll play along...but first head over to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog to see what the other designers have created! :)


17 comments:

cassie said...

OMG - I love how Mannie is part of the color scheme!

cassie said...

And great card :)

Lisa Carroll said...

Love your card, Sarah! This is so dramatic and bold, and I love how you added in all the colors.. gorgeous!

Lin said...

Such a fantastic use of these background stamps, Sarah! Wonderful design!

Jingle said...

I really love how you brought the color into this! Great card!

Marcea said...

This card really caught my attention. Great design and colours xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh brilliant card, I thought it was paper but love that they're stamps and you've coloured them in to match the colour board.
luv
Debby

Heather said...

Stunning card Sarah, I love the colours with the fabulous stamps - so eye catching!!

hugs
Heather xx

Joy said...

Love the two background stamps that you used and the colours just pop off the card..I saw your card and you enabled me to purchase the square background stamp..hugs

cheiron said...

Fabulous! Love this bold and graphic design.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Sarah! It's a geometrical PARTAY and I'm loving it! :) Love the colors :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Melissa Bove said...

Such a super FUN card Sarah!! Love it!

hugs...

TenSGal said...

Awesome card! The Bold and the Beautiful!
Just became a new follower...feel free to visit me at www.expressionavenue.blogspot.com!

Susan

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Cool card. I especially like the bottom pattern. Blessings!

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Sarah :-) I love the backround designs and colours , really striking and fantastic ! Love it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Carol L said...

I love the mix of dsp you chose for this striking card! The fonts on the birthday sentiment are a perfect match! Great card!

Krista Ritskes said...

What a neat card! Yes, I'm catching up on your posts. ;)