Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes! Challenge

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all having a great week! I can't believe this is our last challenge of August! We've had a very busy summer but it's been lots of fun too!

This week's challenge is Anything Goes and the Simon Says design team is using products from my absolute favourite company: Hero Arts!

Here's my card:


I stamped the notecard with Hero Arts Newspaper background stamp. I then die cut some Blush Designer Paper using Hero Arts Ticket die cut, inked the edges and adhered it to my card. I heat embossed the leaf image on a sheet of cork and used the coordinating die as I ran it through my Sizzix Big Kick. After adhering it to my card and added a May Arts Ivory twine bow.

Here are the products I used:


As always, the very generous Heidi of Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher to one lucky participant in this week's challenge so I hope you'll play along...but first head over to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog to see what the other designers have created! :)


12 comments:

Jingle said...

I love that you embossed the image on cork! Gorgeous card!

Lisa Carroll said...

Love this, Sarah! Embossing on the cork gives such a cool texture.. you're brilliant! :) xo

Lin said...

You have so many great ideas, Sarah - love the cork and your use of that ticket die!

walchowDesign said...

beautiful card and love the special look of the embossing on the cork!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sarah :-) I have been wondering how you made this :-) I didn't realise you used cork !! it looks awesome ! :-) very creative :-)

luv
Lols x x x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow, what a gorgeous, textured look, Sarah! I really love the papers too :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

MS said...

So pretty! Fun texture, love the colors :)

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Heather said...

Fabulous Sarah, I love that newsprint background and your printed on the cork is stunning - such brilliant texture.

hugs
Heather xx

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card Sarah! The heat embossing on the cork is super cool!! Love it!!

hugs...

Marlena M. said...

Incredible texture and design Sarah!

Joy said...

Gorgeous Sarah, love all the stamping goodness on this card..hugs